DREW DOUGHTY – RONALD McDONALD HOUSE INVITATIONAL
2024 RULES AND REGULATIONS
1.Please have a team official come to tournament office 30 minutes prior to each game to verify team roster on electronic game sheet. Teams can view game sheets at http://gamesheet.app after each game.
ALL TEAMS REQUIRE A CHA CERTIFIED COACH AND TRAINER ON THE BENCH FOR ALL GAMES.
USA Teams do not require a Trainer
2. The maximum number of players to be dressed for each game is 19, this includes two goalies. Affiliated players will be accepted anytime during the tournament. Any team found with ineligible players participating in a game will be disqualified from the tournament.
(Note: Games won by a disqualified team will be considered a win for the opposing team at a score of 1–0)
3.All teams must be ready to play their games at least 15 minutes in advance of the scheduled time.
4. All teams shall bring two sets of uniforms. The VISITING team will wear LIGHT jerseys and the HOME team will wear DARK jersey.
5.The tournament officials will settle any dispute arising from the interpretation of the tournament rules. All decisions are final, and no protests are allowed.
6.In all age categories points will be awarded as follows in round-robin play:
WIN - 2 Points LOSS - 0 Points TIE - 1 Point
7. Player suspensions for various infractions will be administered as per MINOR HOCKEY ALLIANCE RULES. Any team permitting a player to participate in a game that he/she is suspended, or ineligible will automatically forfeit the game 1-0. It is team official’s responsibility to check game sheet at http://gamesheet.app after each game and list suspended players on electronic game sheet prior to each game.
8.All CHA and Alliance Rules will apply plus.
All teams will be allowed one (1) 30 second timeout per game.
9. Mouth guards are recommended but not mandatory unless required by your governing body..
10. All Players are required to wear Neck Guards. USA Teams do not require Neck Guards
DRESSING ROOM POLICY
To provide a safe and comfortable dressing room environment with proper supervision for the player and team officials. It will be the Policy of ALLIANCE Hockey that, when any player under the age of 18 is in the team dressing room(s) before, during and after a game or practice, a minimum of two (2) of the following shall be present in the dressing room(s) or immediately outside the dressing room(s) with the door ajar; two (2) team or club/Association officials, properly screened or one such official and an adult person associated with the team.
GAME TIMES AND PROCEDURES
Game sheets will not have to be signed by the individual players, but each team is responsible for having available their approved player cards or rosters. Coaching staff are to sign electronic game sheet prior to start of game. Game times will not be changed once game has started. Please make sure all players and coaches are listed on the game sheet. All games on Friday will be 3 periods of 10/10/15 stop time. Saturday and Sunday Games 10/15/15
Ice will be flooded prior to each game. Be prepared to play 15 minutes prior to your game time as we will play in advance of the schedule time when possible.
A 3-minute warm-up will be permitted at the start of each game.
· The time clock will be run on straight time during the third period when the goal differential is 5 or more. Penalties will be also run-on straight time during this scenario. Clock will continue at straight time until conclusion of game.
· There will be no curfew but due to availability of ice, Tournament Convenor reserves the right to curfew games prior to their commencement.
Scores will be posted online at www.londonjuniorknights.com and QR Codes Posted around Western Fair
WESTERN FAIR 519-438-7203 x 347
U10 AAA and U11 AAA
The 2 top team in each group after 3 game RR will advance to ¼ Final Round. The bottom 2 teams will play 1 consolation game against a team from another group.
In the case of ties within each age category, the following procedures will be used:
A) If 2 teams are tied in points after round-robin games and one has a win over the other, the team with the win will advance. If teams tied during round-robin play the team with the highest percentage will advance.
B) If 3 or 4 teams are tied in points after round-robin play. First tie breaker will be points for games between tied teams only. If still tied the team(s) with the higher percentage, will advance. If any step in the tiebreaker only seeds one team, that teams assumes that position. The 3-4 team tie breaker will continue to determine the seeding of the remaining teams. At no time will teams using this formula go back to a 2-team tie breaker.
NOTE: – All games are included
Example – Goals for 10, Goals Against 4
Percentage – 10/10+4 = .714
If a tie still exists in A or B above: Ties will be broken in the following order:
a) If still tied the team with least goals against will advance.
b) If still tied the team with the most goals for will advance
c) If still tied team which won, the most periods in all games played will advance
d) If still tied the team(s) with the least number of penalty minutes will advance.
e) If still tied tournament officials will decide on the advancing team(s) through a coin flip.
PLAY-OFF and CHAMPIONSHIP GAMES
All games will be 3 periods of 10/15/15 stop time. The Higher seeded team will be the Home team. Tied playoff games will be decided in sudden victory 4 on 4 overtime. Overtime period will be 10 minutes in duration. Teams receiving a penalty in overtime will play one-man short. If a team receives a 2nd penalty the other team will add one player until first whistle after a penalty has expired.
If still tied after a 10-minute OT a shoot-out will take place to break the tie. Coaches will select 3 players to shoot. If still tied after 3 shooters, coaches will select 1 shooter and the shoot-out will be sudden death from that point on. The teams must choose different shooters until all players have had a chance to shoot. NOTE: Any player serving a penalty that has not expired at the end of the overtime period is ineligible to participate in the shoot-out.